UNDERWATER PROPELLER POLISHING

Propeller maintenance is a highly cost-effective means of maintaining a vessel’s performance. The surface of the propeller influences ship performance in many ways. Most notably propeller polishing improves propeller efficiency in two specific ways; lower fuel cost and increased power efficiency. Excess fuel usage and power loss are the two main factors attributed to and result from using a damaged, dirty, or marine fouled compromised propeller. Generally, it is advised to have the propeller polished twice per year. According to many studies, propeller polishing can result in savings in engine fuel consumption by 3% to 4%. And just from proper cleaning and polishing of the ship’s propeller, overall power yield can be increased by 6% – 10%; depending on the severity of the propellers’ poor maintenance and or damage.

Propeller Polishing Result

BEFORE

AFTER